One of the benefits of AIM chips is the ability to seed cells within a 3D hydrogel. This may sound challenging at first but it can be as simple as hydrogel filling once you learn how.
- Always take the osmolarity of the final hydrogel solution into consideration when preparing a hydrogel solution with cells. The osmolarity of the hydrogel solution should be identical to 1X PBS or the cell culture medium for the cells.
- To save time, you can derive the hydrogel recipe with cells based on the recipe without cells (if you had worked it out earlier).
- Some hydrogels may require components such as NaOH, which can affect cell viability. Such hydrogels should be mixed homogenously before adding the cell suspension at the end.
- Pipette the hydrogel solution (with cells in it) with extra care to avoid generating bubbles. Bubble rupture may damage the cells.
- Exercise the tips and tricks for filling gel as discussed in this thread.